Standard Access has reinvented the key, offering a unique digital solution to manage and grant physical access to buildings and facilities.
Designed specifically for the commercial environment, our locks make managing access easy and cost effective. We created an Enterprise Level Platform, Smart Lock and Virtual Key delivered to an app on your mobile device to open doors.
Using encrypted Data over Sound aka ‘Sonic Handshake’® between the app and lock, improves power consumption and avoids usability issues (bluetooth pairing). It works reliably also with older mobile devices (e.g. lacking NFC chipsets), or when the device is in airplane mode, or when radio connectivity is absent or restricted due to safety or security regulation …
You will be responsible for design, development and test planning of embedded software and firmware that controls Smart-Locks, Sensors and bespoke network connectivity solutions (mesh networking, 4G/5G). You will assist in product design and architecture development, and will support and help develop software requirements documents, test plans and schedules. It’s expected you’ll be an excellent collaborator on our team, but will also need to show skillful ownership and self-direction when tackling independent projects.
Background & Qualifications
- A MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics or highly relevant field, or a BS degree with 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Expert in C/C++, Asm, for MCU targets
- Experience interfacing with a multi-disciplinary engineering team on novel and evolving designs
- Experience implementing projects within a RTOS environment (FreeRTOS, TI-RTOS, VxWorks, Integrity, et al.)
- Ability to assume ownership of projects end to end (design, implementation, test, build-environment, test-environment)
- Experience with F/OTA update mechanisms backed by strong crypto / PKI would be a plus.
- Experience and a passion for Strong HW/SW Security-Design principles
- Experience working with modern CI/CD pipelines and a LEAN/Kanban style environment
- Excellent skills in documenting and communicating design and implementation work to other internal external stakeholders (hardware engineers, PCB designers, Cloud Application engineers)
- Experience working with tools such as Git (Gitlab-CI, staging, issue-trackers, kanban boards)
What we offer:
- a full-time permanent opportunity in one of Ireland’s most beautiful corners
- flat organizational hierarchy with freedom to create and expand personally & professionally
- competitive salary with bonus, stock options,
- optimum work-life balance and fantastic outdoor possibilities
Please send your CV & motivation letter to [email protected]. We guarantee to get back within 5 working days.